Earthquake in Bali

On Oct 13, a 6.2 SR earthquake hit in Bali.

It was my first day of leaving my baby at the nursery. I don't feel really good about leaving her at the nursery but I thought it was just because I've never been separated from her before. She wasn't cried at all, in fact I was about to cry when I put her there. She looked happy playing with her new friend.

Around 11 am when I was at my sewing course (I learn to make clothing pattern) suddenly the earth is shaking, only for a few second and it stops. We all looked at each other wondering what was that? While we're still confused about what happened the and shaking is started again, this time is harder and all of us screaming and running out of the building. I feel so dizzy when running. It was about 10 seconds and the shaking stopped. I saw lots of people screaming and running out from their building.

My first thought was my baby. I was so worried and scared. I left my mobile phone in my bag and it was still inside the building. All are too scared to enter, afraid that the earthquake might started again. I immediately run again to enter the my classroom, grab my bag fast and running out again. I tried to call to the nursery if my baby is ok, but there's no phone signal. Gosh!

I run to the parking lot for my motorbike and drive fast back to the nursery. I saw some shopping centre with shattered glass and I hope nothing really happened at the nursery. When I get there all the babies were sitting together eating mangoes. I feel so relieved. They're all fine. My baby was sleeping when the earthquake hit and one of the nanny grab her fast to run outside the building.

We then went home and I was shocked to see my kitchen wall cracked. Oh no!

3 comments:

  1. terrifying! i remember when I lived in california there were some bad quakes. when i was little in 1986, the loma prieta earthquake devastated my town. the fault line is very close and it basically flattened our downtown. i'm glad you are okay!
    sophie
    princessrhyme.blogspot.com
    (i last posted on the mean reds)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hmm... i thought i wrote a comment and then it disappeared. oh well :)
    i'm glad you and your loved ones are all okay! i remember when i lived in california there were some scares quakes. in 1989, when i was just a little girl, there was a devastating quake along the loma prieta fault line. it was pretty close to our house and town. almost the entire downtown was flattened. it was terrifying!
    sophie
    princessrhyme.blogspot.com
    (i last posted on the mean reds)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Miss Sophie,
    Earthquake is terrifying, although I never experienced a very huge earthquake (I hope I never have to) that earthquake is just enough to make me feeling scared for few week.

    ReplyDelete